Why We Collect Customer Information
We collect information about you only where we believe it will help administer our business or provide products, services, and other opportunities to you. If we collect information about you, we will do so only for a specific business purpose. Some of the reasons we use your information are the following:
- To protect and administer your records, accounts, and funds
- To comply with certain laws and regulations
- To help us design and improve our products and services
- To better understand your financial needs
We Protect and Limit Access to Your Information
We establish and maintain security procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access to your private, confidential information. We also update and test our computers, hardware, software, and other technology to assure the integrity and security of our information systems. Each First State Bank employee is required to follow our Company's "Code of Conduct," which states that all customer information is considered private and privileged and is to be used solely for the purpose of providing you with the finest service available.
What Information We Collect
We may collect the following personal information about you:
- Information about your identity such as your name, address and social security number
- Information about your transactions with us such as your account balance and payment history
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms such as assets and income
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies or other companies such as creditworthiness and payment history The final two categories of personal information are referred to as personal credit information and will not be shared with any third party including our affiliates
We Will Maintain Accurate Information
Maintaining the accuracy of your personal information is important. We have procedures to help assure that your personal information is accurate, current and complete. We also have procedures to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner, including processes to update information or remove outdated information. If you discover any information we have about you that is incorrect, please let us know by calling 574-825-2166 or 800-511-1802 or visit your nearest First State Bank location.
We Restrict Disclosure of Account Information
We do not reveal specific information about your accounts or other personally identifiable data to parties outside our organization unless it is under the following circumstances:
- You request or authorize disclosure
- The information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you
- The information is provided to a reputable credit bureau or similar information reporting agency
- The disclosure is otherwise lawfully permitted or required (such as subpoena, investigation of fraudulent activity, request by regulator, etc.)
- The customer has been informed about the possibility of disclosure for marketing or similar purposes through a prior communication and given the opportunity to decline or "opt out"
Nonpublic Personal Information We Disclose
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone outside our affiliated companies, except as permitted by law. If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive customer, we will adhere to the privacy principles described herein.
We Maintain Your Privacy When We Do Business Outside Our Organization
It is sometimes necessary to provide personally identifiable information about you to a party outside our organization. Examples are when we hire a vendor or service company to prepare your account statements or to provide support or marketing for one or more of our products or services. When we work with outside businesses or companies, these vendors agree to safeguard your personal and confidential information, and these vendors must abide by applicable law.
We Will Not Share Your Information Outside Our Organization
At First State Bank, we value our customer relationships. Other than under the limited exceptions explained above, it is our practice not to share confidential customer information outside our organization. You do not need to request this confidentiality - it is our standard practice.
View our current Privacy Notice here
Affiliate Information Sharing Opt Out Election Form